~ A new era ~
Blessings for the new year to everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Yuletide :) I did and finally the blog as awakened from the winter hibernation. A new year has begun and I am full of new energy, hopes and plans for this Earthly carousel ride!
It's mostly been raining the last few weeks, but that doesn't stop the inspiration. Two days ago I made this ring inspired by water and maelströms.
Like many others I have some bigger and smaller goals for this year to improve both my own life, and hopefully life of other souls as well.
Here I am going to share some of those goals with you.
I am going to:
- Drink more water. I've had this on my list for many years, I forget to drink during the days...
- Drink more tea. Also a cleaver way to drink more over all.
- Stop using shampoo and use the "no poo" method instead. First I have to use up my current shampoos.
- Collecting litter whenever I'm outdoors. Whenever I see litter on the ground I can't help but thinking about the poor creatures that are suffering from human selfishness and ignorance.
Be the change you want to see in the world - I am. I'm going to try to always bring a plastic bag with me, so I can pick up litter whenever I see it and throw it where it should be. I've already done this twice this week, collecting about 4 kilos of litter. I even saw more that was too big for me to bring with me, so I have to go back with a wheelbarrow or something to get it an other time.
- Read more books. (Separate post coming).
- See more new movies instead of re-watching old ones. I made a watchlist on http://www.imdb.com/ to keep track of the movies I want to see to make it easier for me to choose what movie to see next. I currently have over 200 titles, and a lot of these are series. Hihi
- Worry less. I am sort of a pessimist and I want that to change. The following points are hopefully going to help me with this.
- Make more lists! I really need lists to help my self getting things done.
- Write a journal of gratitude - some notes every day about what I am thankful for. Here are some tips.
- Start doing yoga. I'm going to attend a class and I am so exited!
- Start meditating regularly.
- Spent more time in nature. After studying what positive effects nature and natural sourroundings has on human health, I know I really need to go out more :)
- Seek guidance in my Fairy Oracle cards more frequently.
The last point on this list, I started with this week. I opened one card for every month to come in the year, and I got a lot of interesting advice and thoughts to keep in mind during the year. I will look at the separate cards again for every new month and share with you what card I got and what thougts it gave and gives me.
- Do you have any New Year resolutions?
"Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
~ Love and light ~